Easy cleaning steps to keep your Fresco Shade looking great
Over time your canopy will, like anything outside, become a little dirty. As with all your valuable investments around the home, it needs a bit of TLC every 3-6 months to keep it looking good, maintain its condition, and to validate your warranty. Below are some maintenance tips to help make sure you get the full benefit of your Fresco Shade.
Here’s some maintenance tips to help make sure you get the full benefit of your Fresco Shade:
Cleaning the frame
- Use a cloth or sponge and mild household detergent and water to wipe you frame down, before rinsing with fresh water.
- Sometimes if the frame hasn’t been regularly cleaned, oxidation may result (looks milky on the surface). If this happens, it can be removed with a damp cloth and ordinary white vinegar. Alternatively, purchase New Zealand made, non-toxic Grunt Emer-Gel oxidation remover from your local marine shop.
- To remove scratches, ask Fresco about our spray paint repair kits.
Cleaning the roof
- The underside of the roof can be wiped with a soft brush. Long handled outdoor window cleaning brushes are good, or a long handled microfibre mop, together with a solution of water and mild household soap.
- The outside of the roof can be hosed down before cleaning with a soft brush and mild household detergent.Avoid using a water blaster on any setting other than on low pressure only.
- To clear off lichen or moss, which may occur on rare occasions, use ’30 Seconds One Step Spray and Walk Away’ — we do not recommend the original ’30 Seconds’ product. ‘Wet and Forget’ and ‘Move It’ are also acceptable, but should only be applied after cleaning because they are not detergents.