Feijoa’s are everywhere at the moment, and the great thing is – they are so versatile! So why not make them into a delicious loaf, with this easy recipe from Chelsea Sugar.
- 1 cup peeled & chopped feijoas
- 1 cup boiled water
- 1 cup Chelsea White Sugar
- 50g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups self-raising flour or,
- 2 cups plain flour & 2 tsp baking powder
- Place feijoas, boiling water, Chelsea White Sugar and butter into a pot. Simmer for 5 minutes, cool slightly, then beat in your egg, flour, and baking soda.
- Pour into a loaf tin & bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 45-50 minutes.
- Enjoy with a cuppa on a crisp autumn morning under your Fresco Shade